Pro-Active Support for your Company’s Technology
While desktop problems are not normally as complex as servers, they can be time-consuming to resolve and troubleshoot. NSK Inc’s Desktop Agent Monitoring provides proactive maintenance and regular desktop monitoring checks, so that many desktop problems can be identified and avoided.
Desktop Agent Monitoring includes:
- CPU Monitoring (% Utilization) - This function monitors the percentage of time the processor is busy by measuring the percentage of time the thread of the idle process is running and then subtracting that from 100 percent. This measurement is the amount of processor utilization. The monitoring script collects CPU utilization samples every 5 minutes and averages it for an hour. If any CPU threshold usage is violated, it is reported to NSK’s Help Desk Staff. .
- Disk Space Monitoring (Free MBs/% Free Disk Space) - This function monitors the total usable space on the selected logical disk drive that was free. Along with the percentage of total usable space on the drive. The disk space is monitored every 60 minutes. If any threshold volume is violated, it is reported to NSK’s Help Desk Staff. After notification, the Help Desk can automatically run a disk clean up on the end-user’s computer.
- Memory Monitoring (Free MBs) - This function monitors the amount of physical memory in MegaBytes (MBs) available to processes running on the computer. The monitoring script collects Memory samples every 5 minutes and averages it for an hour. If any memory threshold usage is violated, it is reported to NSK’s Help Desk Staff.
- Event Log Monitoring - This function fetches details of system events, based on the inputs provided. It monitors system log, security log, application log and Internet Explorer log
- Umbrella Web Security - automated protection against advanced attacks for any device, anywhere. Enforce acceptable Web use to comply with internal policies or external regulations such as CIPA
The Desktop Agent automatically deploys patches for all Windows security updates, white listed security updates and critical updates. The agent installs 3rd party software updates, and has Professional “Malwarebytes” that detects and protects computers from viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers and spyware.