Location: Boston, MA
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for selling product, professional services, cloud services, security services and managed services from Focus Technology Solutions’ portfolio. They will be responsible for selling across our comprehensive portfolio of enterprise-level technology solutions, providing the highest level of care for their accounts. This position requires the ability to successfully prospect for new sales opportunities in the mid-market and enterprise account sectors across various vertical markets. This includes maintaining excellent relationships with our clients and manufacturer representatives.
The successful candidate should be able to use consultative selling skills to clearly understand customers’ business requirements and recommend the Focus solutions that will solve their business issues. Preferred candidate will have prior experience selling advanced technology solutions for from Dell EMC, Cisco, HPE, VMware, Rubrik, Pure Storage, Nutanix, Veeam, Microsoft, Extreme Networks and other leading emerging technology manufacturers. Our technology practice areas include Data Center Infrastructure, Converged Infrastructure, Advanced Microsoft Solutions, Cloud and Automation, Networking and Security.
Account Management Responsibilities
- Position Focus Managed Services, Professional Services and Technology Practices to meet customer requirements and become a trusted advisor.
- Proactively maintain expertise of the IT industry and competitive landscape
- Successfully articulate Focus’ competitive differentiators to drive value for the client.
- Ensure effective coordination and support between account teams and technical resources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of systems development as it relates to hardware and software products.
- Builds relationships at all levels within organizations from technical implementers through CTO / CIO levels
- Work with inside sales team to ensure that quotes are provided, and order requests are processed accurately and work with the engineering team to accurately scope projects.
- Provide in-depth customer technology roadmap and work with Focus Marketing Team and Inside Sales to uncover new sales opportunities. Including but not limited to cold calling, conducting in-person meetings and partnering with vendors or manufacturers.
- Develops pipeline of new opportunities while closing existing opportunities
- Identifies and creates business needs with senior executive decision makers
- Closes opportunities
- Develops a detailed territory plan
- Develops individual account strategies to effectively penetrate accounts
- Develops thorough understanding of each account’s industry and business
- Maintains an accurate and timely forecast utilizing NetSuite
- Attend monthly / quarterly account planning sessions with our strategic manufacturing partners.
- Present Quarterly Business Review (QBR) to VP of Sales each quarter which will address past performance and expectation of current quarter, analysis of pipeline, key wins and personal improvement goals.
- Develop partnership with vendor sales reps and optimize the joint selling opportunities within the territory.
- Use quarterly forecasting and pipeline management to manage sales growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, technology or related field.
- 5+ Years experience with a Value Added Reseller or an OEM
- Aptitude for learning technology
- Experience selling to “C-level” and selling enterprise technical solutions
- Experience with formal consultative sales methodology
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent telephone selling skills
- Ability to clearly demonstrate and articulate the value proposition
- Demonstrates exceptional follow-through and personal drive
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with “Solution Selling” Sales Training a plus
- Proficient with AutoTask tools a plus
- VMware sales training a plus
- Dell EMC or other storage provider training a plus
- Competitive compensation and full benefit package
- Very desirable collective health care insurance package