Location: Boston, MA
As a Senior Security Engineer on the Engineering team of Focus Technology Solutions, the ideal candidate will have the knowledge and experience to work in any number of technologically diverse environments. The candidate will be involved with day-to-day operations and projects to ensure delivery of network related services to customers and the continued success of Focus Technology Solutions.
- Deploy and administer Security toolsets to investigate, analyze and provide reporting on security events, such as SIEM products. Responsibilities include implementation and support of our security suite of tools including but not limited to firewalls, vulnerability scanners, proxies, SIEM and end point protection.
- Assess client needs against security concerns and articulates issues and potential risks to management.
- Implement and support security tools. Capacity for continual learning and ability to absorb new paradigms.
- Work with teams to understand enterprise solutions and impacts of security controls.
- Investigate security events generated from enterprise systems including Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS/IPS), Anti-malware and Anti-virus systems, and vulnerability scanning.
- Evaluate security risks and identify and define compliance strategies in accordance with policies and standards.
- Communicate with multiple departments and levels of management in order to resolve technical and procedural information security risks.
- Stay abreast of current security threats and security technologies.
- Configuration, implementation, and maintenance of network and security technologies such as Cisco ASAs, Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint, Barracuda, SonicWall and similar platforms.
- Work with customers to develop requirements to meet their cyber security goals and objectives.
- Assist in analyzing and troubleshooting logs to identify the cause and resolution of problems; monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges.
- Perform security gap analysis for customers and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Participate in day-to-day cyber security operations and administration according to customer obligations.
- Participate in all aspects of projects including solution architecture, design, and implementation.
- Participate and lead customer presentations.
- All other duties, as assigned
- Interface with customer IT contacts as well as third-party vendors.
- Obtain and maintain technical skills and certifications required to meet the obligations of our customers.
- Document all operational processes and procedures to optimize support and management of deployed systems.
- Engage effectively with other team members and vendors.
- Be proactive in spotting and fixing potential problem areas.
- Provide emergency after-hours support as part of a scheduled on-call rotation.
- Provide periodic after-hours support for scheduled maintenance activities.
- As-needed assist with non-networking related engineering and operational customer obligations.
- Strong experience in designing and deploying security focused products.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting cyber security incidents.
- Strong experience deploying and managing Cyber Security products as it relates to LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies.
- Technical expertise in network, storage, virtualization, and compute across multiple vendors.
- Experience with heterogeneous environments.
- Cyber Security Industry technical certifications.
- Strong Documentation and communication skills.
- Experience with security solutions that align with customer compliance requirements and industry standards like PCI, HIPAA, SOX, NIST, ITIL, etc.
- Excellent understanding of VPN (site to site, remote access client, IPSec, IKE, tunnel modes, SSL/clientless/AnyConnect, Tunnels between Firewalls, Routers) Content Security (Cisco/Ironport ESA/WSA, WebSense, etc.)
- Security Testing and Audit Platforms (Nessus, NMAP, etc.)
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Working Knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite, TCP/IP headers and packets, the OSI model, and commonly used TCP/UDP ports and associated services.
- 4+ years administrating enterprise environments with 24x7x365 uptime requirements.
- 4+ years deploying and integrating solutions.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Certificates in current systems and software in use)
- Valid driver’s license and access to transportation
- Organization and planning
- Managing through systems
- Technical learning