General Purpose: NSK is looking for an experienced Senior Help Desk Support Technician who is ambitious, highly detailed, analytical and assertive to work collaboratively as a productive team member with a multi-layered IT help desk. As the Senior Help Desk Support Technician you will be expected to deliver excellent technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness. Within this role this individual will provide help desk support to current clients by offering constant support, maintaining productive communication with the client and taking the lead on projects for the Help Desk Department. If you love a challenge and are looking to take a step towards a rewarding career, the Senior Help Desk Support Technician position may be right for you!
Essential Functions: (Core duties or tasks):
- Maintain and provide senior level knowledge of IT/IS technology in a production environment.
- Provide senior level helpdesk support to clients.
- Mentor/train lower level helpdesk associates.
- Execute a variety of helpdesk centered projects.
- Carry out departmental and company processes.
- On the client’s behalf, communicate with a variety of vendors for issues and needs in terms of hardware, software and communications.
- Provide the technical expertise to recommend and implement solutions that would provide maximum return on investment as well as being cost effective to the business process of the client
- Provide departmental status updates and reports whenever requested by upper management.
- Monitor ticketing system and making sure tickets are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Perform preventative maintenance for clients including backups, anti-virus and firewall maintenance.
- Document all hours on a daily basis, separating billable hours from non-billable hours, using as much detail as possible and submitting timesheets on time.
- Balance a variety of issues and meet various deadlines at the same time.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- 5+ years of IT experience in a Windows environment
- Prior experience working with and setting up Active Directory, Windows Servers, Exchange, firewalls and switches as required
- Technical training, BS or BA in computer science or applicable field
- Some form of completed IT training (certificate, degree)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent judgment/decision making skills
- Ability to work alone and with minimal supervision as well as with a team when needed
Physical Requirements: This position requires that the employee have the ability to lift PC’s and equipment (up to 50 lbs.) as required.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.