Is your company still working on Windows Small Business Server 2003 (Windows 2003)? If so you should be discussing with your IT provider or your IT Services group or they should definitely be talking to you about the approaching end of support (July 2015). If you aren’t already getting ready for the switch, your business is cutting it really really close.
Here are 10 reasons you should upgrade your 2003 Server today…. Or as soon as possible.
- Time is Running Out - Support for the server ends on July 14, 2015. Your business has no time to lose.
- Every System is Unique - Like every business, no two IT systems are the same. You will need to create a plan that is unique to your business to make the conversion. It’s time to start thinking about it now.
- IT is not as Easy as you may think – The new changeover will involve carrying your existing workload over, so it absolutely needs to be done with care and attention. Waiting will only make matters more complicated and take even longer.
- It will cause Compliance Issues - If you are still running on the server after support ends, you’ll encounter a number of issues. The first is that you’ll likely no longer be in compliance with industry-set standards.
- Your System will be Vulnerable - Without proper patches being implemented, your system will be left vulnerable to security issues as long as you’re using Small Business Server 2003.
- Bugs Will Not be Dealt With - Likewise, your business also won’t receive fixes for bugs, which will only be sent out to supported servers.
- Your Business Will Suffer - All of this means one thing – your business will take a hit. Not only will you not receive security patches or bug fixes, but you’ll be unable to make the most of new updates and technology that’s released after end of support.
- Your Clients WILL NOT Be Happy - Security issues and failure to meet compliance regulations certainly won’t make clients happy. You may find your business losing trust and support from the public and important clients.
- We Can Do IT - This may seem trivial, but many business claim they think it’s impossible to make the switch in time – that’s not true! With the right plan in place and the right IT Project Management team your business still has adequate time to make the switch before support ends. There’s no excuse to leave your small business stuck in the past.
- We’re here to Help - Remember that you’re not alone in this. Tons of businesses are dealing with the same thing right now, and we’re here to help. We’ll work with you to create a unique strategic IT plan to transfer your workload and migrate your business away from Windows Small Business Server 2003 – and your business will be ready to benefit from new upgrades and IT solutions.
To set up an appointment and sit down with an IT company that will help get your business prepared for the upcoming changeover, contact NSK Inc IT Services, Boston, MA.