It's your data, you own it, you control it and it is yours to take with you if you decide to leave the service. But how secure is Office 365? Read on:
Built in Security
- Service-level security through definense-in depth
- Customer controls within the service
- Security hardening and operational best practices
Office 365 is a security-hardened service, designed following the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle. Microsoft brings together the best practices from two decades of building enterprise software and managing online services to give you an integrated software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution.
At the service level, Office 365 uses the defense-in-depth approach to provide physical, logical, and data layers of security features and operational best practices. In addition, Office 365 gives you enterprise-grade, user and admin controls to further secure your environment.
How does Office 365 Monitor and safeguard data?
Privacy by Design
- It's your data - Microsoft DOES NOT USE IT for advertising
- You have extensive privacy controls
- You can take your data with you when you want
- Proactive processes to meet your compliance needcs
- Customer controls for organizational compliance
- Independently verified to meet evolving standards
How does Office 365 combat emerging threats?
- Knowing where your data resides and who has access to it
- Financially backed guarantee of 99.9% uptime
- Visability into availability and changes to the services.
What controls does Microsoft use to protect data in transit?